Washington County Christian School has diligently been working towards the goal of a multipurpose building which can serve as a central location for events such as orientation, chapel, basketball games, school performances, graduation and awards ceremonies, and so much more!
We can do it with GOD’s help and YOUR feet!
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Here’s how it works…
- 10 laps around the WCCS track is about 1 mile. To reach 5K, you’ll need to make about 30 laps around the track. Walk between 9-11 AM.
- Students will obtain sponsors for the event. Sponsors can donate a flat amount (e.g. $10.00) for the event or they can sponsor an amount per lap ($1.00 per lap x 15 laps is $15.00). This amount will be credited 100% to your family’s donation account balance!
- OR…people can “sponsor” you by joining your walk within 1-2 hours. Walk as fast or as slow as you need to – it is NOT a race!
- Every student will need to have an adult present to supervise their walk.
- At 11:00 AM, West Florida Electric Cooperative will be helping us with a “Ping-Pong Ball Drop”! WCCS students who participate in the walk-a-thon will be able to grab a ball- each Ping-Pong ball is numbered to correspond to a preselected door prize for their family! (1 prize per family, please)
- After the Ping-Pong drop, we will have a family picnic lunch! Hot dogs, chips, cookies, fruitand drinks will be available for donations. Even if you can’t walk, you can still support us by joining us for lunch!
- Turn in your sponsor form be Saturday morning to qualify for Top Sponsor Prizes! You don’t need to “pre-collect” form your sponsors; however, any student eligible for a top-sponsor prize must turn in their collections before accepting their prize. (In the case of non-collections, prizes will go to the next highest student. If T-shirt level plebes are not collected, a $10 charge per T-shirt will be added to the family account.)